Tuesday, September 10, 2013

New York Yankees Hat Cake

I usually try to make fun cakes for my family on their birthdays but for some reason I had never made my brother one.  He finally complained and I felt bad so this year I decided to surprise him.  His favorite baseball team is the NY Yankees.  He always wears a Yankees hat so I figured that was a good place to start.  Happy Birthday Travie!


The lettering was all cut out by hand or piped with buttercream and the accents are fondant.



        
                       Not the cleanest cut I've made but still delicious!  Do you have any idea how much self control it takes not to eat the scraps?  Tons!  I don't have any so I indulged.  The cake is a moist Belgian chocolate cake layered with toasted marshmallow filling and malted Belgian chocolate buttercream.
                                           





1 comment:

Copyright © Baked Bliss | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs